To Our Deer Park Neighbors…
Give Emerald Lawn Care a try in 2023 and get a FREE grub control or 50% off fertilizer application with purchase of a full season lawn care program. (New Customers Only)
See why we are the leading weed control service in Deer Park.
Click here for your Free Online Quote Now!
HOW EMERALD LAWN CARE CAN HELP YOU
Deer Park Lawn Care
Are you looking for the finest lawn care in Deer Park? Emerald Lawn Care is a local, family-owned company servicing the northwest suburbs of Chicago since 2002. We are results-focused, and our goal is to get you the best possible lawn in an environmentally responsible manner. The way we accomplish this is through education. There is nobody in Deer Park as focused on lawn care education as Emerald Lawn Care.
Deer Park Lawn Care Education
It is probably no surprise that the weather and soil quality will likely have the largest impact on the quality of your lawn. Following that, YOU will probably have the greatest impact on the health of the turf. How can that be? The answer is good lawn care practices, but how do you learn these? As part of our service, we advise you how to maintain your lawn properly to maximize its health and appearance.
All Emerald employees attend both local and national lawn care education events, we encourage our employees to get their industry certification form the most highly regarded certification program in the country, we are active members of several lawn care associations, and all field employees are licensed by the state of Illinois to apply pesticides. And we share everything that we learn with you! So what can you do to improve the quality of your lawn?
Good Deer Park Lawn Care Practices
When caring for lawns in Deer Park, or any area with cool season grasses such as Kentucky Blue Grass or fine fescue, the following practices will ensure the best possible lawn:
1) Cutting height – 3 1/2 inches or higher! The taller the cut, the healthier the lawn. There is a one-to-one relationship between the height of the grass and the depth of the roots – the higher you cut, the deeper the roots.
2) Don’t remove more than 1/3rd of the grass in a single cut. It will shock the plant and slow its growth.
3) Mulch your clippings. You will conserve nutrients, reduce thatch, and save time and money in the process. You will have a greener lawn using less fertilizer, since mulching promotes natural biological activity due to the increased organic matter, and you don’t need to bother with bagging your clippings, saving you time, money, and aggravation.
4) Water 1 1/4” every week. Mother Nature will help you with this in April, May, and usually June, but in July and August she needs a little help. Watering during the hot months will keep your lawn healthy and green. Be sure to water only in the morning if possible. Watering after 5pm will promote disease development.
5) Keep your blade sharp! A sharp blade helps keep your lawn from drying out and makes it more disease resistant.
6) Aerate in the fall to reduce compaction and thatch. Emerald Lawn Care provides this service if you don’t want to do it.
These are all things you can do to dramatically improve your lawn, and this is before we have even talked about Emerald Lawn Care’s fertilization and weed control program! The last piece of the puzzle is to call Emerald Lawn Care for the best lawn care service in Deer Park!
The Best Lawn Care Service in Deer Park
The four components of a lush, green lawn are good weather, good soil, good lawn care practices, and a good fertilizer and weed control program. Grass is a mono-culture and whenever you have that many of the same type of plant competing for the same nutrients in your lawn in sunny Deer Park, you will need to provide supplemental feeding. Why not call the best lawn care company in Deer Park? We are expert at what we do. We won’t sell you services you don’t need; to the contrary, we are trying to sell you the fewest services to ensure we are being as environmentally friendly as possible. Finally, we educate you so you are doing the right things for your Deer Park lawn – saving you money and giving you the best possible lawn, thus ensuring you will be a customer year after year!
In addition to your lawn care, we can help with the rest of your outdoor sanctuary. Emerald Lawn Care offers mosquito and tick control so your family and pets can enjoy your lawn all season long. Our perimeter pest control service keeps insects from entering your home. And we can help protect your valuable trees and shrubs too! We offer deep root feedings, insecticide treatments, and anti-desiccant sprays to keep your landscape healthy. Like our lawn treatments, we will suggest just what is needed for your property. When it comes to lawn care, Emerald Lawn Care goes the extra mile to bring you a beautiful, healthy lawn and landscape that will be the envy of your neighbors! For the finest lawn care service in Deer Park, there is only one team to call – Emerald Lawn Care!
Get your free lawn care analysis today! Please call or text us at 847.392.7097