Give Emerald Lawn Care a try in 2017 and get a FREE grub control or 50% off fertilizer application with purchase of a full season lawn care program.
(New Customers Only)
See why we are the leading lawn care choice in Palatine.
This offer is limited to the first 20 customers and ends soon-reserve your spot now!
Palatine Lawn Care
Are you looking for the finest lawn care in Palatine? Emerald Lawn Care is a local, family-owned company servicing the Northwest Suburbs of Chicago since 2002. We provide both lawn care and tree care. We are results-focused and our goal is to get you the best possible lawn in an environmentally responsible manner. The way we accomplish this is through education. There is nobody in Palatine as focused on lawn care education as Emerald Lawn Care.
Palatine Lawn Care Education
It is probably no surprise that the weather will have the largest impact on the quality of your lawn. Following that, YOU will probably have the greatest impact on the health of the turf. How can that be? The answer is good lawn care practices, but how do you learn these? As part of our service, we advise you how to maintain your lawn properly to maximize its health and appearance.
All Emerald employees attend both local and national lawn care education events, we encourage our employees to get their industry certification from the most highly regarded certification program in the country, we are active members of several lawn care associations (Mark is the current president of the Illinois Professional Lawn Care Association!), and we are all licensed by the state of Illinois to apply pesticides. And we share everything that we learn with you! So what can you do to improve the quality of your lawn?
Good Palatine Lawn Care Practices
When caring for lawns in Palatine, or any area with cool season grasses such as Kentucky Blue Grass or fine fescue, the following practices will ensure the best possible lawn:
1) Mow high – 3 1/2 inches or higher! The taller the cut, the healthier the lawn. There is a one-to-one relationship between the height of the grass and the depth of the roots – the higher you mow, the deeper the roots.
2) Don’t remove more than 1/3rd of the grass height in a single mow. It will shock the plant and slow its growth.
3) Mulch your clippings. You will conserve nutrients, reduce thatch, and save time and money in the process. You will have a greener lawn using less fertilizer, since mulching promotes natural biological activity due to the increased organic matter, and you don’t need to bother with bagging your clippings, saving you time, money and aggravation.
4) Water 1 1/4″ every week. Mother Nature will help you with this in April, May and usually June, but in July and August she needs a little help. Watering during the hot months will keep your lawn healthy and green. Be sure to water only in the morning if possible. Watering after 5pm will promote disease development.
5) Keep your blade sharp! A sharp blade helps keep your lawn from drying out and makes it more disease resistant.
6) Core aerate in the fall to reduce compaction and thatch. Emerald Lawn Care provides this service if you don’t want to do it.
These are all things you can do to dramatically improve your lawn, and this is before we have even talked about Emerald Lawn Care’s fertilization/weed control program! The last piece of the puzzle is to call Emerald Lawn Care for the best lawn care service in Palatine!
The Best Lawn Care Service in Palatine
The three components of a lush, green lawn are good weather, good lawn care practices, and a fertilizer/weed control program. Grass is a mono-culture and whenever you have that many of the same type of plant competing for the same nutrients in your lawn in sunny Palatine, you will need to provide supplemental feeding. Why not call the best lawn care company in Palatine? We are expert at what we do. We won’t sell you services you don’t need; to the contrary, we are trying to sell you the fewest services to ensure we are being as environmentally friendly as possible. Finally, we educate you so you are doing the right things for your Palatine lawn – saving you money and giving you the best possible lawn, thus ensuring you will be a customer year after year! For the finest lawn care service in Palatine, there is only one team to call – Emerald Lawn Care!
Get your free lawn analysis today! Please call us at 847.392.7097